2001 -present: Official personal stock & money
market investment advisor and analyst
P.A. to the president and chairman of a group of oil
palm and highway construction firms, & COO of a group of foreign offshore tin
Officially authorized and sworn translator
foreign investment consultant, serial investor, Indonesian language instructor
to expatriates, English language instructor and translator
In the Indonesian
capital markets, I offer investment advisory services and second opinions, specifically on stock
picking, to national and foreign high net-worth individuals and institutions. I
specifically research under-valued firms with strong fundamentals.
General criteria of firms eligible for my securities research:
1. Relatively good business records of the founders and management
2. Publicly listed for at least two years
3. A maximum leading P/E ratio of 12
4. A minimum free flotation rate of 25%
5. An adequate degree of public disclosure and transparency
Firms are under-valued mostly for a variety of reasons, including lack of
transparency, growth, profitability, liquidity, management integrity, perceived
management incapability, apparent financial and operational inefficiencies in
comparison with their peers.
I have equipped myself with advanced stock valuation skills to discover
under-valued firms with strong fundamentals and specifically those with “hidden
Professional Certification and Licensing
- Investment Advisor, Indonesian Capital Market and Financial Institution
Supervisory Agency (Ind. BAPEPAM-LK), 2003
- Fund Manager, BAPEPAM-LK, 2002
- Broker-Dealer, Capital Market Professional Standards Committee, 2001
Language & Translation
ITP TOEFL first-time registrant
score of 607, 2011
- Officially Authorized and Sworn Translator, Governor of Jakarta, 1997
- Certified Translator, University of Indonesia, 1996
profesi penerjemahan, mutu seharusnya selalu dijadikan prioritas."
the translation profession, quality should always come first."
"Terjemahan yang bermutu
merupakan beda yang tidak ternilai"
translation makes a priceless difference"
- M.Sc. Finance, University of Leicester, England
- University of
Favorite business quotation:
“If you are ready to give up everything else—to study the whole history and
background of the market and all the principal companies whose stocks are on the
board as carefully as a medical student studies anatomy—if you can do all that
and, in addition, you have the cool nerves of a great gambler, the sixth sense
of a kind of clairvoyant and the courage of a lion, you have a ghost of a
chance.” Bernard M. Baruch, one of America’s greatest financiers and speculators